Mitt Romney got a much needed win in Illinois tonight, 3/20.
Some interesting factors from a CNN exit poll:
- 45% of Protestants voted for Romney vs 38% for Santorum
- 53% of Catholics voted for Romney vs 30% for Santorum
- for those who considered budget deficit the most important issue: 53% for Romney vs 29% for Santorum
- for those who considered economy the most important issue: 52% for Romney vs 31% for Santorum
- for those who consider the most quality in a candidate is ability to defeat Obama: 74% for Romney vs 17% for Santorum
The big win tonight will help Romney to get to 1144 a little easier–click here to see how Romney can get to 1144 before Tampa GOP convention.